Wednesday 1 February 2012

Review: LUSH Pow Wow Lip Scrub

Hello,

I went and bought a few little bits yesterday and this was one which i have never tried before but with it been extremely cold in Newcastle at the moment my lips are getting all flaky and chapped so i decided to give it a go.

Lush do a range of lip scrubs including bubble gum, Sweet lips, Mint Julips and Pow Wow. I smelt them all in the shop and this one jumped out at me the most it just smells totally AMAZING like kind of Limey and i LOVE lime lol. Where the others smelt a little sweet and sickly for my taste and i would have probably tried to eat the mint one but i would have chose that if the Pow Wow was not there.

The other thing that made me chose this is that when i was reading the ingredients the first one on the list was POPPING CANDY! Well that was me practically sold already because i love the stuff  :)

This is a limited edition for the festive period however i could still get it in the metro centre so?

Reference: Google Images
)

The packaging is really nice i think with a little round sturdy glass bottom and a secure Black plastic lid so you do not get any leaks.

The product its self i was quite impressed with because i love the colour and the smell however it is a little tricky to use at first when your pot is full because there is quite a few bigger lumps in the pot so do it over a sink ;) lol. However once you get the swing of things it gets easier. You do get the popping candy sensation a little bit it tends to be if you get one of the bigger lumps i have found so far and that is a nice tingly feeling on your lips.

The out come is acceptable i would say it left my lips feeling softer and some what smoother and especially if you accompany your lips after with a lip balm for example this adds to the results.

The price was a little shock i was expecting like £2.50 for something of that size say but noooooo it was like £4.95! I thought it was a little pricey for what it is personally but i do however like the product as a whole :)

Katie x

13 comments:

  1. seems like a great product :) here in germany is lush very expensive, especially those little things like scrubs or balms... -.- this scrub would cost me about 10 € -.-

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review and great blog x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments girls :)

    Flirting with fashion cant you maybe get them cheaper on ebay?

    Back for tea no i got it from the metro centre one :) you work there! Bet you love it :)

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this now, I hope they have it in the store where I live! Great post by the way :)

    http://borrowedwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed it is still there for you :) x

      Delete
  6. lush products are the best! and yes the jackets still in topshop its £55 but worth every penny :)

    thanks for the comment on my blog,
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks i may have to make a little trip to topshop! :) x

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard that they have a new lip scrub, I need to try that!


    check my international MAC MAKEUP GIVEAWAY!

    http://searchingforlbd.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-here-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a festive period special i think :) i will check it out thanks x

      Delete
  8. Great post. I love Lush lip scrubs... I really need to get a new one soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never really used to used them to be honest but i am a fan :) x

      Delete